Export/Save PERT Chart

Hi all/@DmitryBarashev

Is there a way to export or save one of the PERT Charts as a PDF/PNG?

Thanks,
Ben

Export to PNG exports the chart which is currently open in the application. If you need PERT chart, make its tab contents visible.

Thank you @DmitryBarashev!

Hello,

When I try this I get a heap space error. How can I resolve that?

WARNING: Export failure. Failed subtask: Export project
java.lang.RuntimeException: Export failure. Failed subtask: Export project
at net.sourceforge.ganttproject.export.ExporterBase$2.run(ExporterBase.java:167)
at org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.JobManagerImpl$GroupWorker.run(JobManagerImpl.java:163)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Regards,
Rupert

If you’re on Windows, you can add more memory to Java Runtime by editing ganttproject.l4j.ini file in the GanttProject installation folder. Here is the default file contents:

# GanttProject runtime options
-Xms32m
-Xmx512m
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
-ea

If you replace -Xmx512m with e.g. -Xmx2048m you will allow for using 4 times more memory when you launch GanttProject next time. It may or may not fix the issue, because it actually depends on how big is the chart.

Thanks, that worked.

Hi. I have some problems exporting the chart and the table. It only export what is visible on the screen. The chart is big and I cannot zoom out enough to be visible on the whole screen.

Is there a possibility to overcome this?
Thanx

It does not seem to be true.

Here is what is visible on the screen:

Here is what is produced with Project > Export > Raster image

Dear Dmitry,

I also managed with PNG format, but with PDF I have problems.

Best Regards and Thanx,

Predrag

PERT chart is not exported to PDF at all, sorry.

I did a script to export PERT diagram (from .gan file) as scalable vectorial graph.

See: GitHub - cesarebottaro/gan2gv: Convert .gan (created by Ganttproject) to .gv (dot GraphViz format). Then a batch file converts .gv to .svg and displays it

Did it as a school project; most code written by a student of mine.

HTH

I did a script to export PERT diagram (from .gan file) as scalable vectorial graph.

See: GitHub - cesarebottaro/gan2gv: Convert .gan (created by Ganttproject) to .gv (dot GraphViz format). Then a batch file converts .gv to .svg and displays it

Did it as a school project; most code written by a student of mine.

HTH