Help with Resource's Holidays?

I’ve been having an issue where the holiday dates that I put in are not translating in the Gantt chart as unavailable days. The scheduled tasks run straight through holidays. Is there any way that I can change this setting so that tasks jump holidays like they do non-working days or bank-holidays?

No, sorry.
See also relevant ticket in the bug tracker.

Thank you! That’s a shame. I would have donated to this project (because I love the interface) but this is a function-breaking bug for me and if it hasn’t been fixed for that long, I don’t expect it will be fixed soon at all.

Thank you for letting me know.

You choose. Thanks to other donations, we collected enough funds to pay to external developer who is going to work on this feature in particular. Hope to bring it to life in the foreseeable future. Check back sometimes.

Hi Dmitry,
have you fixed the problem? It would be really helpful.

Best,

Martin

Just want to +1 the request for this! I’ve been using this a short time trying it out but just ran into this issue and it’s a killer as I’m trying to deal with everyone taking different vacation times with the Holiday’s as well as Chinese New Year. I can’t have project-wide Holidays which means I have to be able to deal with them at the Resource level.

Hello,

It is now in 2021, and I would like to know if this bug has been corrected since April 2017 ?

Thank you for your answer.

That is a shame that holidays will not be treated as a non working day, glad I found out just now, I’m about to create a project and I need this function. I’d have been most frustrated if I spent the time creating the project and then discovered this functionality did not exist. I’ll have to hunt for a different software. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Dmitry,
Have you or your external developer been able to address the holiday issue? This is a great software package, but being able to schedule through holidays without adding days to the duration would be very helpful!
Thanks again for all the hard work on this; it’s a great tool.

Are you sure that you’re asking the same question which is discussed in this topic?

being able to schedule through holidays without adding days to the duration

sounds like you want to ignore holidays for the purposes of task duration, while people above want the opposite: to not ignore resources’ days off (which is currently the case).

Sorry, my first reply was poorly worded. You’re right, it already ignores holidays when calculating the schedule. I want the scheduler to account for holidays as non-working days. I currently work around this by just adding days to the duration when a task is scheduled through a holiday (e.g. We have two days off for Thanksgiving, so I manually add two days to the duration of any tasks spanning the holiday, since the scheduler counts them as working days.), but that isn’t ideal. I was saying that right now I have to add these days manually to account for holidays, but it would really help functionality if the software understood that holidays are not working days.
Thanks!

GanttProject accounts for holidays which are defined in the project calendar. It ignores resource days off which are defined in resource personal calendars.

Hi Dmitry,

It seems you’ve announced the solution to the resource-holiday feature back in 2017. Is there any progress? I just bought your software and I really miss this feature.

Kind regards, Roan

Sorry, what and where did I announce?

Dear Dmitry,

You very well know when you announced it, since you’ve removed that announcement 11 hrs. ago! We’re not stupid. It’s OK by me if you don’t want to put in the effort to build in this option, but please don’t keep us hanging.

I donated to your project because I sympathize with such initiatives. You’ve now however lost my sympathy-vote and I will reclaim my donation.

Kind regards, Roan

I don’t understand what are you talking about.

Here is a screenshot of the moderator’s activity on this portal

The last removal of any posts was 11 days ago, and that were posts about CSV issues with one particular user. Don’t miss the chance to accuse me of photoshopping.

If you meant something that was published somewhere else, please remind me. It is not easy to remove content from the internetz, because Google’s cache and Wayback machine remember a lot. In particular, GanttProject web site history is very well logged back to year 2006. Let me save you the search: https://web.archive.org/web/*/ganttproject.biz

and I will reclaim my donation.

Happily refunded. Do you need a proving screenshot?

Perhaps you meant this reply: Help with Resource's Holidays? - #4 by DmitryBarashev

It is not deleted, it was not an announcement and there were no promises. Unfortunately this feature turned out to be difficult for that guy, or maybe he had more interesting and better paid job. Sorry about that.

Amazing way to claim in a open source software project… :frowning:

Please fill the blank to check that you are not a TERMINATOR
kindness x ZERO = [ ]