Removing _copy before tasks in 2.8.9

I am wanting to copy many tasks but I always get _copy at the beginning of each. You have advertised to change the name pattern settings to {1} alone. But in 2.8.9 it does not seem to work.

Any suggestions??

I just have checked: it does work fine in GP 2.8.9. See the screenshot of the setting. If it doesn’t work for you, please share a test project, a screenshot of your Gantt chart settings and exact scenario of reproducing, including the way you do copies (there are many ways: Ctrl+C, toolbar button, etc). Please also post the contents of your log file (Help > View Log)

Thanks for your reply.

I had the task name prefix set to _task

As soon as I got rid of the underscore it worked!

Regards

Simon

Hi

Just wanted to say this is a great tool and give three suggestions.

Three ideas…

1. When you insert a task it would be great if the default start date was the end date or the start date of the task above. I find at the moment it seems to do this occasionally but more often it chooses the start date of the whole series of tasks at that level. If this does not suit some uses then may be this could be a setting.

2. When you click on the resources column it would be great if this then opened the resources list. At the moment it opens the task dialogue box… so that adds two more steps to add resources.

3. The setting “Task Details” is great but when I put anything above or below the predecessor arrows are on top of the text. If I put things on the right then the Task row height narrows…. Which at times is useful…. But is there any way to maintain row height when there are no task details above or below?

Thanks

Simon

1. The start date of a new task is the first visible date in the chart viewport, and there are good reasons for that: you will always see your task immediately, no matter where your viewport is. When you hit “create task” and do not see the result on the chart, you may think software doesn’t work.
  2. Again, current behavior is consistent and predictable. If we opened task properties dialog at different places depending on where do you click we would have hard time explaining this behavior to users. Quick assigning resources to task is still an issue though, and it deserves some love, but not in favor of making the behavior difficult to predict.
  3. There is no way to change row height manually, sorry.