Export Function Does not Print Text on Gantt Chart

2020-11-20 Gantt Project.pdf (112.0 KB)

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your help. I’m using a Mac, with OSX.

When I export my Gantt chart to a PDF file, the text in the Gantt chart doesn’t show up. I tried changing fonts, but this doesn’t seem to help.

Would you please tell me how to successfully export my project to a PDF file?

You need to choose an appropriate application font. This issue was discussed a few times. Here is the latest discussion with my screencast which shows that changing the font fixes this issue.

Thanks very much for your response. I changed the font in the UI to Times Roman, and the font in the export menu to Times Roman as well. Even with this change, there is still not text on the Gantt Chart. Would you please suggest a fix?2020-11-20 Gantt Project.pdf (167.7 KB)

The fix is to try some other font. I don’t know why some fonts on macOS platforms do not work well for some users, sorry.
You can try installing Liberation Sans, which is a free open-source font, and chance are that it will work well. However, your mileage may vary.

Thank you so much for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. I downloaded ‘Liberation Sans’ font, and the same thing happened. I still have no text on the Gantt chart. Please validate the font on the attached images.

You need to change the application font in the Settings, not the substitution in the export wizard.

You may also try using the beta of GanttProject 3.0. It comes with its own Java Runtime which may work better.

I meant to include this last time. I still can’t make it work.

Can you please share the log contents after running export? Help > View log

Thank you for the time you are spending on this problem. I really appreciate it because I really want to use your software!

Gantt Project Log.txt (70.9 KB)

Do you have any font files in your /System/Library/Fonts/ folder?

I’m working in OSX, so I’m not sure what you mean.

ezgif-7-445825796ae9

Yes, it’s full of fonts.

The Liberation Sans font is also there.

So did you try choosing Liberation Sans as the application font?

Yes, I have the Liberation sans font in both the UI and the export. Still there is no visible text in the pdf output.

Screen-Recording-2020-11-23-at-9.53.35-AM

I downloaded the new Beta app, and ensured the UI has Liberation Sans font. I then exported the file to PDF using Liberation Sans font in the export menu. The Gantt Chart still does not show text. Do you have any other suggestions? I’m running Catalina on OSX.2020-11-20 VHJ Lagoon pH Control Upgrades.pdf (260.1 KB)

Closing this thread in favor of this one: Tasks not displayed when exported to PDF in macOS Mojave