Zip and compiled version differ on MacOS

Hi all,
I am a GanttProject user on MacOS and Windows and my locale is FR_fr.
In the Windows and the Zip version, the week starts on Monday as it has to in France, and week 1 in 2020 starts on Monday January 4th, which is also correct.
In the MacOS version, the week starts on Sunday and week 1 in 2020 starts on Sunday December 27th, which does not comply with de ISO week numbering.
How can I correct these settings in the MacOS version ?
I am using the version 2.8.11. To be sure of the difference of behaviour between the versions, I have downloaded them (Windows, MacOS and Zip) and tested them today again.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Kind regards,
Harold Franse

GanttProject calendar settings are defined by the chosen interface language. Did you use French interface language in both cases?

Hello Dmitry,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes, I use the same setting in both cases. Language : French (français) in the general settings.

Kind regards,
Harold

Hello Dmitry,

Here is a screen shot of the two versions (MacOS and Zip) with the language setting.

I see, looks strange. Can you please check if it is the same in GP 3.0 distro? Download it from here: https://www.ganttproject.biz/download/gp30

Hi Dmitry,

Looks strange, indeed. I downloaded the 3.0 beta and found the same strange thing.

Don’t ask me why, I wondered if my keyboard settings could interfere with the locale. I am using a US International keyboard (QWERTY with all possible accentuated characters) and a French language and default settings (time format 24 hours, decimal separator comma, etc…).

Believe it or not, when I set my keyboard setting to French, the settings in GanttProject become correct, in 3.0 and in 2.8.11. On my PC under Windows 10, I have also a US International keyboard, but the problem does not appear.

I hope this can help you to understand the interference of the keyboard layout on MacOS.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Kind regards,