Way to change shape texture/pattern from default black to other color?

Is there anyway to change the pattern (e.g. slanted lines) for a bar from black to another color, like green? It would help with color-coding tasks that involve more than one group.

You can’t change the color of pattern (unless you modify the code) but you can change the color of task itself (background, that is). Not sure if it helps.

Okay, thanks. I had figured out how to change the background, but I have a task that involves two groups that I have color-coded as green and blue, and was hoping to make a multi-colored bar to show that visually. Is there a tutorial or guide available on how to modify the source code, or could you provide me with a snippet of code to paste in that would make this available? I’m assuming this would be a fairly simple change.

Unfortunately it is not a trivial change, sorry. If you are software engineer, you can start with class GanttTaskPropertiesBean where UI components are defined.

Instructions for setting up the development environment are here: https://docs.ganttproject.biz/development/