2.8.5 2179 build does not respond to any commands

Just downloaded 2.8.5 2179 build and it does not respond to any commands.

Can you please provide some more details? Operating system, at least. And what do you mean when you say “does not respond to any commands”? What commands do you issue?

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro.
I cannot make any changes to the data entered. Program does not respond.

Also, error “Date Tue May 01 00:00:00 UTC 2018 is far away (1800 years) from expected date Thu Jan 08 00:00:00 UTC 218. Any mistake?”

So, you have a task in year 218 AD in your project. GanttProject tries to calculate all the weekends between Jan 8, 218 and today but apparently it is too much work. Close the application, launch it again and start a new project.

Thank you, it is working now, but very slow in response.

Also, every few minutes it stops working and I have to restart the application, lost all data entered.

Unable to close the application from x. Must end from end tasks.

Okay, so

• if GanttProject crashes for whatever reason, you can recover data from the last project using Help > Recover menu item. It scans through auto-save files which are created after any meaningful action such as task creation in reverse order and asks if you want to try recovering data.
  • if GanttProject is being slow (but working) or not responding without any visual glitches then chances are that there are tasks which are far apart from each other, like one somewhere in year 18 AD and another in year 2018 AD. In such cases you should see very high CPU usage. You may want to double-check if you have such tasks. You can also send us the project file (attach it here or send by email) so that we could take a look.
  • some unhappy systems may have issues with fonts or graphics system. Usually the symptoms are a little bit different, but let me give the link the knowledge base articles anyway

Thank you, this was very helpful.