[3.2] Changed output of PNG export

Hello @DmitryBarashev ,

the output height and font size of the tasks in PNG export has changed with 3.2, but I can’t see some config options to change it back to the old, much more compact heights (see screenshot: above the old height, below the new). Since the new heights consume too much precious space: Is there a way to change that back?

For a mid-distance suggestion: How about adding more options in the preferences for exports and display (height in px, font-size etc.)?

Thanks,
Tobias

You can change the vertical padding by editing the config file .ganttproject. Here is the relevant line:

<option id="ui.taskRowPadding" value="20.0"/>

Changing the value to 10 or 5 will make the rows more compact, with the same height as it was in the previous versions.

The config file sits in your home directory.

3 Likes

This is great – thanks!!

I don’t see the config file in the root directory. Windows 10.

The config file sits in your user home directory. On Windows it is usually something like C:\Users\<your username>. Note the leading dot in the file name. Some file managers may hide such files.

Got it, thanks for the quick response

Just in case someone else is interested:

<option id="ui.taskRowPadding" value="7.0"/>

was the value which mached best for me.

Thanks to Dmitry for this great peace of software, for the new release, for all your efforts, and for the ultra-quick responses here in the form!

1 Like

Thats a great news that we can get back to tight rows.
Once version 3.2 appeared i was suffering not one page fitting. Making a chagne in .ganttproject file not a problem but please consider put this value into the option section as not all of us are programmers and can easily deal with xlm tags. The more you have on screan at once the more clear view you have. I have a licence for MS project and I’m dealing with project using gantt project for its clarity and user friendly ergonomic. So keep this as a value against Microsoft which year after year doesnt care about this. And on my presentations for a team I have always better reception where really project is, than other users presenting on MSProject.
You’re heading good direction.

3 Likes

Hi Dimitry, can you give me a hint where to change that on a mac? Can only find the log-files :-/

The config file on macOS sits in /Users/<your user name>/.ganttproject. Note the leading dot in the file name. Finder most likely hides such files, but you can show them. Here are the instructions (I didn’t try) How to Access Your Mac's Hidden Files | PCMag.

Sorry, stupid me, thought I had ckecked for hidden files … Now I can fully apreciate the new release :slight_smile:
Thank you for the quick answer – and for a great software!

I must admit after seeing how few rows fit on my screen with version 3.2 I immediately reinstalled Version 3.0. @DmitryBarashev thanks for tip with the task row padding. Now I feel comfortable with version 3.2.

Absolutely agree! Add “taskRowPadding” as an editable value in options.