Cannot Export to any format

Hello, I just started using this and have completed my first project. I have tried to export in PDF, CSV, or even JPEG to share with a client but I am having no luck. I have searched this site and it seems like I am the only one this has ever happened to.

Issue in depth
All exported files do not have a “File Type” associated with it (Ex. shows just “FILE” as type)

Can anyone help with this? I am using 2.8.8 with Windows

1. Select file in Windows Explorer
  2. Hit F2 – it will start editing file name
  3. Insert a dot between PDF and PDF: PDF.PDF
  4. Hit Enter

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you so much for the quick response and the help. It worked!! LOVE IT!! This is my first time ever working with PM Software and I already was able to chart out a whole project. My boss loves what I did and I was so sad when I could not share with the customers.

I hate to ask more questions as I am sure you are busy but do you know why the file type isn’t working? I have no issues doing the below steps at all. Just wondering.

BTW… I will be making a small donation to your cause for this program when I get paid next week. I feel like this is something that should be available to everyone especially people like me.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Matthew

Dear Matthew,
in operating systems file type is very often determined by file extensions. When you export data from GanttProject to any format, GanttProject generates file name with appropriate extension, and unless you explicitly change file name and remove the extension, you get a good file which your operating system recognizes correctly.

Hi Dmitry,
Thats the weird part. I didn’t do anything to the file extension until you advise to correct it. Everything I export has a generic file type to it… No worries… I have no issues changing this on the fly.

Thanks again