Dependency bottom-up?

Hi,
I didn’t find a way to build a dependency from a lower task to another one above in the list. Is there a way?

What do you mean as “above in the list”? You can’t create dependencies between tasks if one is a child task of another. If they are not in ancestor-descendant relationship, you can create dependencies, no matter where they are in the list.

I didn’t mean above in the hierarchy, but above in a pure geometrical sense, in the list at left.

Let’s say I have the following list of main tasks, top to button:

1. System
  2. Electronics
  3. Software
  4. Mechanics

Below System, I insert a subtask “System Specification”, which I link to new subtask below Electronics, “Electronics Specification”, and thus all the way down to “Mechanics Specification”. Then I want to link this to a new subtask of System, “System Block Diagram”, which is above Mechanics. I didn’t find a way how to do this.

It works fine for me.

1 Like

Dmity… How do you record this great videos? Linux-based software for screen recording?

Oh, I see. I had only selected 2 tasks in the list at left and clicked the link button above, assuming that the direction of the link is defined by the selection sequence. I wasn’t aware of the possibility of link creation directly in the gantt diagram.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I see, you use the button. Yes, it always makes a predecessor out of the top task in a pair.

Kazam for recording mp4, ezgif.com for converting it to gif

Great to know… I was looking for a lightweight similar solution for Windows. Thanks again.