Dialogue Box in GanttProject Freezes

Hello,
The dialogue box in GanttProject freezes. I currently have two frozen over the top of each other. I had just spent over an hour trying to learn how to use it for my research project, and now this has happened. If I completely shut down my computer I will lose all my work! Please help me unfreeze the dialogue boxes.
Hello,
The dialogue box in GanttProject freezes. I currently have two frozen over the top of each other. I had just spent over an hour trying to learn how to use it for my research project, and now this has happened. If I completely shut down my computer I will lose all my work! Please help me unfreeze the dialogue boxes.

What dialog box are you talking about? There are many of them.

With respect to restarting the computer and losing the work:

1. If you just want to close an application, you don’t need to restart your computer. In every operating system there is a way to kill any app (most likely there is an appropriate item in the application context menu in macOS Dock or Windows task bar
  2. If GanttProject crashes (or you explicitly kill it) without saving your work, you can use Help > Recover the next time you launch it. It will iterate through auto-saved files and will suggest recovering.