Edit / Settings menu

Hi, Hoping someone can help me. I inadvertently activated something in the Edit/Settings menu which had a catastrophic effect. It changed the typeface in all fields to an alphabet of symbols which I cannot read. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, including restarting my laptop, and have even deleted all previous outputs of Ganttproject. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks, Andrew

Remove file .ganttproject from your home directory.

1 Like

Hi Dmitry, thanks for your suggestion but it hasn’t quite worked. I found the file .ganttproject in Search, here, image and attempted to delete it, but got a message to say it was no longer at that destination. I went to that location and this is the list of similar files I saw: image The NTUSER.DAT file was created at the same time as the .ganttproject file which came up in the search.

NTUSER.DAT is a part of Windows registry and most likely you don’t want to be concerned about its modification timestamps.

The file which you need to delete sits in your home folder. In your case the full path of this fie is C:\Users\CIARAN\.ganttproject

Wow Dmitry, thank you so much! I deleted the file and the software opens up fine now! The filename wasn’t quite what you said. There was a text file called ganttproject and another file called ganttproject.log.1. I deleted these two and everything is fine now! Thanks again, Ciarán