Failed to open same chart on different Macs, Java Problem?

I created a chart with GanttProject 2.8.3 Pilsen (build 2088) on my Mac: highsierra 10.13.3, java Version 8 Update 101 (Build 1.8.0_101-b13) everything seems to work fine. My colleague is not able to open the same chart on his mac working with osx 10.12.6 (16G29), java 8 Update 161 Build 1.8.0_161-b12 and GanttProject 2.8.5 or 2.8.6. The software opens but does not display a window with the projectchart.

Any help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Do you mean that there is no application window on the screen at all, or that the window is there but no tasks and other stuff?

The application Menu is showing you can select to open a project, but the project itself is not opening. You can go through all menues, select to create a new project, but no window is appearing.

Is the window sitting somewhere in the bottom-left corner, minimized so that only small frame and buttons are visible?

indeed! now he found it by chance… thanks a lot!

Cool. This should be fixed in GanttProject 2.8.6, but the fix requires either fresh install or $HOME/.ganttproject file to be removed or window to be resized manually.

great! this minimized window is really hard to find :wink:46