feedback - 123456789

Hello Gannt Project team,

I am wondering if there might be a way where I can donate by sending money rather than giving my credit card. I would be happy to give $20 and if you can make the following changes I am suggesting I would be happy to give another $130 (I think you need an option to allow for non-standard amounts). Another option is to allow payment by Paypal (which is probably the better option).

My suggestions -

• Could you make an option to increase the text size to right or left or above or below each bar as well as changing the colour and allowing for multiple text options.image

• Could you make an option to make the header of dates and say week16 display as Month and day.image

• Could the zoom in print preview have options to fill in as required as opposed to fixed figures.image

• In print when you change the page size and the margins they all seem to change back to default the next time you are there.image

• Could their be an option to widen the weekend column (of non-working days) simply to display better but and particularly at that to leave room to display the dates better - notice the 1 and the 2 looking like a 12 image

cheers - tim

There are many unrelated points, so I am replying one by one.

First, about donations. PayPal is accepted both in Selz shop (where in fact it is the only option) and on Gumroad. You can enter any amount both on PayPal and on Selz.

If you want to make a bank transfer, please drop us an email and we’ll send you an invoice.

Normally we do not provide services, sorry. GanttProject is available for free and our users are free to decide if what do they get worth donating. It is a free will model, not the model of adding particular features for $$. Answering to the obvious question “why don’t you hire someone who will get those $$ and add that feature”: because it costs way more than what people are willing to donate. It involves a few hours of my personal time spent on writing technical docs, searching for freelancers, communicating with them, reviewing their code, etc. We do that as well (right now I am writing a techical doc), but for bigger and more demanded features.

Edit > Settings > Application UI > Base Chart Font. Make it Large.

We do not recommend using built-in printing. The best way to print is to export to PNG or PDF and print using appropriate tools (e.g. Microsoft Paint)

It is a known issue which sits in our bug tracker: https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/issues/1167

It just needs to be fixed, weekend day numbers should not show up in the timeline. I hope that fixing the issue will eliminate the need to widen weekend bars (they are uselesss anyway and just consume horizontal space)

This, along with a couple of other related requests [1,2] looks like a good project for a third-party freelancer, so hopefully we’ll do it in relatively close future

[1] https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/issues/843
[2] https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/issues/746

what a great effort here.