File suddenly unusable: No enum constant

Hi there,
I’ve created a project using version 2.8.6 Pilsen (build 2231) which worked great until yesterday afternoon. Then I suddenly got an error message:

Can’t open document net.sourceforge.ganttproject.document.ProxyDocument@316868 No enum constant biz.ganttproject.core.calendar.CalendarEvent.Type.on="2"

Sadly I was not able to solve this myself. I tried the following things:
Using a copy of the file did not help. Neither did the log file provide any solution for me. I’ve tried to update Java, because there was a lot of java mentioned in the logfile. This did not help.
Next I tried to import the file instead of opening it, but this gave me the error message No enum constant biz.ganttproject.core.calendar.CalendarEvent.Type.on=“2” again. The file stayed empty.

Using Notepad++ I can open the file and read the “code” behind, but I don’t have any idea what I could do to fix this missing enum constant.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to fix the file?
Thanks in advance,
Nina
ninawelt.gan (97.2 KB)

Hello Nina,
it seems that multi-line holiday description is causing these troubles. I attached the fixed file. We’ll fix the underlying root casue in the next update.

ninawelt.gan (96.8 KB)

Related ticket in the tracker:

Hello Dimitri,
Thanks a million for your help! Now my file works great again.
Have a nice week,
Nina

Hello,
I have the same problem
chantier.gan (44.4 KB)

Please help me :slight_smile:
Alexis

Here it is. There was a very long and pointless description of holiday on 2018-06-01. I just removed the whole description.

chantier.gan (39.6 KB)

Thank-you Dmitry for your prompt response. You repaired my file and I understood what made it crash.
Glad to have found a solution on this forum.
Thanks to creators and contributors!