Free days to the resource

Hi,

I have next scenario and I don’t know if I’m working the correct way:

• I have created a task.
  • I have assigned a resource.
  • I have indicated the start and end dates.
  • I have added “free days” to the resource. And some of them belong to the interval in the task.

The system has not moved the dates. Is it correct?

I’m using Gantt Project (“Pilsen”, 2.8.1) in Windows10 Pro.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Albert

It works as expected in the current GanttProject.

Hello, Dimitry,
I have created a task with antecessor and duration. I have created a resource with free days. My expectation is that the end date is moved because of free days of the resource.
Resource and free days
Resource shcedule. See that the tasks overlap the free days in light yellow

Thanks

You can find the answer above.

Hello Dimitry. Since the resource days off does not move the dates ahead, how can we do to mitigate this?
Tks

hello

Is there any hope of improving “days off” handling?
The cost calculation of a project is wrong if Ganttproject consider that ressources go on working during their “days off”

In France, people don’t work during their holidays :wink:

I’m using version 2.8.10, should I answer my compagny to use 2.8.11 ?

best regards
B Wild

GP 2.8.11 is a maintenance release which addresses relatively minor issues. Please refer to the Release Notes for details

Hello Dmitry

Thank you for the link to te release notes.

I would like to use the cost calculation, I tested a use case, it’s OK as long as no ressource has a “Day Off”. Costs are properly evaluated by adding for all involved ressource :
ressource_cost * ressource_contribution_to_project * project_duration

That’s exactly what I need. :grinning:

If you add days off to any ressource of the project, it has no effect at all . :worried:

I unterstand that it is difficult to change the end date of the project (which is user-entered) , like Pedro suggested it, but it seems easier to improve the calculation of the project cost.

Any hope for getting this improvement before my retirement (sheduled for 2021 ) ?

Anyway, thank you for your efforts ! It’s a nice product !

Bertrand Wild

Hello, is there any developper documentation which present architecture of your application ?
I think it’s an incredible work and I would like to help if I can but I can’t find any description of your code.
Do you have any specifications or general design ?

No, we don’t have any specifications, sorry. I can assist with pointing to classes implementing some specific functions.

If you want to hack GP code, please start with these docs: http://docs.ganttproject.biz/development/