Freezing when adding New Task- LInux

Can you send kill -3 to the java process when it is in the freezing state and post the output from the terminal?

how do I do this? I usually use top
top -p pgrep -d "," java

I corrected my JAVA_Home
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/bellsoft-java11-amd64

kill -3 <java process id>

File too long to post. Find it attached .txt
gantt-trouble-shooting.txt (41.9 KB)

Cool, thanks.
Can you please install this update and check if it fixes the issue?
https://storage.googleapis.com/dl.ganttproject.biz/updates/update-3246.zip

You need to unzip the contents of this archive into ~/.ganttproject.d/updates folder, so that there was ~/.ganttproject.d/updates/update-3246

2 Likes

I made 20 new tasks via main menu, ctrl + t and context menu and not a single freeze.
:slight_smile:
Maybe only my impression but the program responds faster.

The screen is now trembling up and down while working. Unfortunately I can’t attach a video.

Hi Dmitry. I’ve reinstalled and loaded your fix. All seems good now. I have inserted 10 tasks different ways with different inputs and movement and all seems well. I haven’t experienced the screen trembling wild_willow mentions but if I do I will come back to this thread.

I appreciate you taking action on this fix. Thank you!

Update 3246 is now available via the Update Channel. It differs a little bit from the update linked above, so it may make sense to remove the manually installed update (just rm -r ~/.ganttproject.d/updates/update-3246) and install it again using the Update Channel

1 Like

Here is the video with the trembling interface
video

With the 2nd version of 3246 it is almost gone. I will come back if it is a real problem.
Dimitry, thank you very much for your time fixing the freeze issue.

Trembling doesn’t occur any more. This issue can be closed. Thank you very much for your time and effort Dmitry. Very much appreciated.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like