.gan Files Not Correctly Recognized by System after Upgrade

After upgrading from GanttProject 2.8.10 to 2.9.11, my system doesn’t recognize the file dependency of the .gan files to the application any more – in my case it is taken to be a BBEdit document (see »FinderInfoForA-gan-file.png«).
I even couldn’t redefine it in Finder, because GanttProject.app is not correctly recognized as an application (see »FinderRedefiningFails.png«).

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

GanttProject 2.8.11, build 2393
Mac OS X 10.12.6

It worked fine in my tests.
What is on the second screenshot? It does not look like our official distro for macOS (there is no logo.png in our distro, and the license file is just LICENSE), it does not look like Applications folder. Normally, in macOS you don’t see .app extension in Finder. Are you sure that GanttProject.app in this folder is an application indeed?

It does not look like our official distro for macOS

It is the official distro, but:

there is no logo.png in our distro

I added my logo file to the Folder.

and the license file is just LICENSE

I renamed the LICENCE file, so that I can see, which version I installed.

Normally, in macOS you don’t see .app extension in Finder

On MacOS you can turn on »show file extensions«, which I need.

Okay, so this is a problem on my machine – I see. Since this is not the only problem, I think, I have to do an upgrade now.

Thanks, Tobias

I am not sure that it is only your machine issue. There are so many macOS versions around and they are so different. What macOS are you running? Also, did you try moving GanttProject into Applications?

UPD: I see, it is macOS 10.12.6.

So, I have tested this image on “clean” Mac OS 10.12.6 (no previous GanttProject installed) and file associations were okay.

Thank you for your investigation. Meanwhile I managed to associate .gan to GanttProject, but the file icon remains BBEdit’s one. I can live with that and maybe the upgrade, I’ll plan do, will fix this either.
I’ll leave you a message here, if it worked.
Tobias