Gantt Project Not Opening

Using Windows 10. When I try to open Gantt it opens the small loading picture and opens on my taskbar before closing from my screen and taskbar. I tried restarting my computer but it still wouldn’t open, I then uninstalled and reinstalled the application, but when it was reinstalling it came up with an error code stating that a file could not be opened: C:\Program Files (x86)\GanttProject-2.8\ganttproject.exe

the options given were either retry or skip the file, retrying proved fruitless, and when skipping the file the application downloaded however still will not open beyond the initial loading screen.

Hello,
there is a couple of known issues with Windows systems which are documented in our Knowledge Base

Besides that, it could help if you tried running ganttproject.bat from ZIP distro and sent us whatever output is produced in the console window or log file

Hi Dmitry

Thanks for your feedback. It seems the Ganttproject software was having a conflict within my “user” data so I have had to set up as a new user and it seems to be working well now.

Regards

Kate West

Projects

Tel : 07 3067 0078

Mob: 0410 655 758

On Behalf Of Dmitry Barashev via GanttProject Support