Gantt software started lagging while using Apple M1

So, did you send kill -3 exactly at the moment when CPU usage was high?

I’m not sure so I’ve reproduced the kill -3 message using both Java 11 & 17 when CPU usage goes over 100% in Activity Monitor. Find files attached below.

ganttproject_java-11_kill-3-high-cpu_mac-m1_out.txt (27.0 KB)
ganttproject_java-17_kill-3-high-cpu_mac-m1_out.txt (30.7 KB)

Hey @DmitryBarashev - any luck with this? Is there anything else I can try/provide to help?

May I ask you to test GanttProject 3.3 Beta package for Apple Silicon platform? you can download it from here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C2IewskPtYExcjZcm2FTbOWxX2j_1ELi?usp=share_link

Hi Dmitry,

I’d only just seen this message. I’ve downloaded the package and installed it to Applications and I had the following experience:

• No more sidescroll lag on local projects! :tada:
  • Unable to load cloud projects (I get an error - Failed connecting to localhost/[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:9000)

Great news that this has fixed the issue, I’ll be able to use this again on my laptop! I’ve attached some details regarding the localhost connection error. If there’s anything you’d like me to try with it then let me know!

ganttproject_localhost-error.txt (13.0 KB)

Cheers,

Stu

This message can be disregarded, I’ve just tested beta 3.3.3292 for Apple Silicon from the website and I’m able to load cloud projects. The scroll/lag issues are also resolved too.

Thank you so much for your work on this!