GanttProject 2.8.10 does'nt start on Linux (Ubuntu)

Hi all,

I just have installed GanttProject 2.8.10 on my computer, but it doesn’t start. I receive this message:

janv. 31, 2019 8:07:15 AM org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.BootImpl run
GRAVE: No plugins found
janv. 31, 2019 8:07:15 AM org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.BootImpl run
GRAVE: No plugins found
janv. 31, 2019 8:07:15 AM org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.BootImpl$1 uncaughtException
AVERTISSEMENT: [uncaughtException]java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not launch application net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GanttProject
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not launch application net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GanttProject
at org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.ApplicationLauncher.launchApplication(ApplicationLauncher.java:25)
at org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.BootImpl$2.run(BootImpl.java:50)

janv. 31, 2019 8:07:15 AM org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.BootImpl$1 uncaughtException
AVERTISSEMENT: [uncaughtException]java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not launch application net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GanttProject
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not launch application net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GanttProject
at org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.ApplicationLauncher.launchApplication(ApplicationLauncher.java:25)
at org.bardsoftware.impl.eclipsito.BootImpl$2.run(BootImpl.java:50)

The version 2.8.9 is working well. My computer runs with Ubuntu 18.04.

I’ve searched on internet for a solution, but didn’t found it. Does have anybody an idea to solve the problem?

Thanks.

What which ganttproject command tells you?

/usr/bin/ganttproject

Thanks. There was a bug in the deb package indeed. The updated package (build 2364) is already on the web site.

Hi,

It’s working now. Thanks.

Is see that the dependencies are: openjdk-7-jre | openjdk-8-jre | openjdk-9-jre | openjdk-10-jre | openjdk-7-jdk | openjdk-8-jdk | openjdk-9-jdk | openjdk-10-jdk | oracle-java7-jre | oracle-java8-jre | oracle-java9-jre | oracle-java7-jdk | oracle-java8-jdk | oracle-java9-jdk | oracle-java7-installer | oracle-java8-installer | oracle-java10-installer

The actual openjdk version is 11. Would it be necessary to update the dependencies?

Done. Added openjdk-11-jre and openjdk-11-jdk.

I just installed ganttproject_2.8.10-r2364-1_all.deb on Ubuntu 18.04 updated yesterday, using openjdk java 11 and the program won’t start. When starting from terminal I get the error message:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-oracle/bin/java does not exist

Most likely you have JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to (not existing) /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-oracle. Can you just run java from the command line?

this is what I get for java:
update-alternatives --config java
There is only one alternative in link group java (providing /usr/bin/java): /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java

wehen defining java home via export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64 I can start ganttproject but the next time I want to start it I get the error message again.
I can’t seem to set java home permanently. How do I do that?

Most likely it sits somewhere in your ~/.bashrc file (or if you use some other shell, in that shell config).
If there is no JAVA_HOME in your shell config file, you can just add your export JAVA_HOME=... line to the very beginning of your ganttproject script (use which ganttproject to find its location):

A post was split to a new topic: Olissongs: GanttProject on Ubuntu