Hang on start-up

Hi,

A Java update happened [which I foolishly accepted for no reason] and GanttProject is now not starting. I get a window labeled GanttProject, but there is nothing in it. I downloaded the installer and reinstalled, but that did not help. I went to the directory where the software is installed and looked for a log file. Did not see one, but I did see a BAT file so I started a shell and ran the batch file. The file attached shows what happened before the hang.

No obvious errors. It scans some directories for fonts, including ones which aren’t on this Windows 7 laptop. The hang happens after “INFO: scanning font directories completed”

How should I try to track down the error?

Many thanks!
cmwd

log.txt (3.9 KB)

Hello
I do have a similar problem.
I update Java to Java 8 Update 144 (8.0.1440.1).
Ganttproject is now shutting down at any time, randomly.
Is this problem connected with Java update ?
Thank you for your help.
AG

@cmwd I have Java 8 update 144 on my Windows 10 and it runs fine. According to the log,

INFO: Bounds after setVisible: java.awt.Rectangle[x=-94,y=-1344,width=1540,height=945]
Aug 14, 2017 5:37:49 PM net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GPLogger log
INFO: Bounds after opening: java.awt.Rectangle[x=-94,y=-1344,width=1540,height=945]
Aug 14, 2017 5:37:49 PM net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GPLogger log
INFO: Bounds stored in the  options: java.awt.Rectangle[x=-94,y=-1344,width=1540,height=945]

the window is shown but is out of the screen area. Did you have dual displays?
Removal of the options file should fix this. Your options file is C:\Users\daft\.ganttproject

@Alain_Galzadet please post the contents of your log file after crash. The log file is called ganttproject.log and sits in your home folder. You may also want to read the Knowledge Base articles