Holiday Calendar input dialog on Mac seems broken

Using 2.8.6 and the current US Holiday calendar runs thru 2017. I’d like to enter my own dates using the dialog, but it seems to get the dates wrong.

Can you explain what “get the dates wrong” means? Any reproducible scenario?

Open a project, load US Calendar and try to change a date. The update has the wrong date.

Add a date and if I remember right the date or description is messed up.

It’d be good if the calendar was sorted by date newest to old, so the current stuff is at top and old (sold projects are still accurate).

Might be clever to have an indication of past dates in calendar so once a date passed they are not as easy to change and mess up old projects.

Carl Nelson | 425-754-7967 | from iPhone

Open a project, load US Calendar and try to change a date. The update has the wrong date.

So I just’ve tried to do this and both edit existing entry and adding a new one worked fine. Did you use wrong date format by any chance? The expected format is defined by the chosen interface language and there is a hint under the table showing the expected format ny printing today’s date (see screenshot)

Yes, sorting and graying out past holidays are good ideas, thanks.

Using 2.8.6 and the current US Holiday calendar runs thru 2017

For the record, in GanttProject 2.8.6 US Holidays calendar was updated and it covers the whole 2018.

Greatly appreciate your quick response - thanks.

UMMMM…. BUT my project runs thru 2020. (Kinda snarky reply on my part).
Thanks

I didn’t mean to say that calendar until end of year 2018 should be enough for everybody, of course. Surely there are longer projects.

So how is the editor, is t working? If it is not, we’ll appreciate a recorded screencast or something which could expose the way to reproduce.

Mac OS & latest build downloaded
Open the sample HouseBuild project
Select Project—>Properties
In the dialog that comes up (named Settings, might want to consider naming it properties)
In the left panel click calendar, a single date 2/14/06 comes up.
Click ADD button, in the date field type in: 1/1/18 then hit tab. (If you want, not necessary, but makes clear the bug, double click the summary field and enter something for this new date)
Double click on the 2/14/06 date of entry above.
Note the date that is displayed is 1/1/18
Hit enter and see it disappear.

For more grins - Add another date, change the end of the 1/1/18 to 1/1/20 and see the result.

Hope this helps.

Cool, thanks.
It is reproducible on any platform. I submitted a ticket to the issue tracker: https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/issues/1491