How can I get the Sample Project?

Hi,

I’m new to GanttProject, and have just downloaded the v3.0 beta. I find it very helpful to learn through looking at an example.

I’ve seen reference to a Sample Project on the GanttProject wikipedia page, but I can’t find any reference to it on the GanttProject web site.

Can you please advise how I can get it?

Thanks, Mark.

Hello,
the sample project is bundled with all distribution packages. It is also available from the source code repository: https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/blob/master/ganttproject-builder/HouseBuildingSample.gan

Thanks @DmitryBarashev.

I found HouseBuildingSample.gan in the program installation directory. Any chance of putting this (the name of the file and its location) in the FAQ?

Thanks, Mark.

It is the first time when this question is asked, so I am not sure if it qualifies for being “frequent” :slight_smile:

Good point. And now there is a Forum discussion topic with ‘Sample Project’ in the title, so another new user can find it.

Thanks for your help. I’m looking forward to learning the capabilities of GanttProject.

Thanks, Mark.

Yes @Mark_Glover , indeed I found it! Thank you very much.

My question is: does this sample file cover 100% project data features and info GanttProject is capable of?
I mean: is this a “full complete project info sample file” to see GP data and features?
(yeah! I do not expect the color spectrum on each task selected ;- )

Please note the Sample Projet file present on github doesn’t work with GP 3.2.3247 (Windows 10).

Error message :
Failed to parse document
This doesn’t seem to be a GanttProject file

Having read the detailed trace file and opened it in NotePad++, it seems there are errors with the attributes crossorigin or data-turbo-transient, the tags link, meta and div not being closed…

I tried to repair the file but with no success. If a proper file can be uploaded, I’ll be very glad.

Thanks. Merci. Dík !

Did you download an HTML page from GitHub by any chance?

Here is a link to raw file for your convenience: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/master/ganttproject-builder/HouseBuildingSample.gan

Thanks Dmitry ! With this raw (xml) file it works pretty well, the other one was an html page indeed.

Can I ask you another question ? There isn’t any value displayed in the “ID” column when I turn it on. Is that normal ? If I could see the ID number for each task it would be very easier and quicker to deal with predecessors using “direct editing” without opening the task properties.

It works fine.

Well, it must a Windows issue then… I’ll write back if I find a way to make it appear.

Thanks a lot for your answers and your work !

Make the ID column wider.

A bit wider, 3 dots appear… a little more, and the ID value is there ! I should have find it alone quicker :roll_eyes:

Thank you very much for your quick support, I just added my little contribution to your projet via Gumroad.