How to get zip version running (with java) without admin privledges?

I have been unable to figure out how to get the zip version to run without admin privileges. Has anyone managed to get it running with java in Windows?

You need to download a ZIP distro of Java Runtime (here is a link to BellSoft Java 11: https://download.bell-sw.com/java/11.0.16.1+1/bellsoft-jre11.0.16.1+1-windows-amd64-full.zip) and unzip it to any folder where you can write to. Let it be C:\Tmp\java for definiteness.

Then you need to set JAVA_HOME variable in ganttproject.bat launcher script. The instructions are here: Installing from ZIP · bardsoftware/ganttproject Wiki · GitHub. Set the value to C:\Tmp\java, that is, the root folder of the unzipped Java Runtime.

1 Like

Yeah! That’s the way I work!

Thanks a ton! I put the java folder in the ganttproject folder and used SET “JAVA_HOME=%~dp0%java”

It also seems to work with SET “JAVA_HOME=.\java”

Not sure if it matters?

Do you know if it’s possible to run without the cmd window also being open? The exe still doesn’t work, but it launches by running the bat file.

Also, the cmd last line says InteropFactory: cannot load com.sun.javafx.embed.swing.newimpl.InteropFactoryN

Could that be an issue?

Yes.

Do you know if it’s possible to run without the cmd window also being open?
AFAIK, no.

BTW, I also get the message about “interopFactory”