How To Show That A Project is Ahead of Schedule

I can’t seem to wrap my head around how to show that a task is ahead of schedule. Let’s say there is a task that is scheduled to take 4 days - so, essentially, 25% per day. The team makes incredible progress on day 1 and completes 75% of the work. I don’t see any way to display that 75% of the work has been completed on day 1 - when I move the slider or input 75% completion the progress bar moves by default to the 3rd day.

In the picture I uploaded, my team is 67% complete a task on March 9, so I input 67% in the task properties. The slider automatically moves to March 13 - the theoretical day that should be the 67% complete day in the task.

Is there any way to actually show progress when ahead of schedule?

Thanks

gantt

“Progress bar” knows nothing about days. It visualizes the completion percentage. If youre 2/3 done, it will occupy 2/3 of the task bar width, no matter when you set this value.

I don’t think there is any easy way of doing this. A relevant enhancement request in the issue tracker:

Hi, you can display the “red line for today” so if your progess bar is ahead the red line you are in advance !