Import Tasks help

Hi, I already created a project in Excel that I would like to build here.

I tried just taking the task name and import that however that does not seem to work. I tried settings and ticked name to be only one. Nothing happens on import.

Any advice. Could not find videos or instructions on importing.

Thanks you,

Ryan

GanttProject imports CSV files with some specific structure (column names and column values format). To see how the structure looks like, export a sample project to CSV and open it either in Excel or in any text editor.

Consequently, you need to export from Excel to CSV and make sure that column names and values match the expected format.

I try to export to CSV file format and import the file. I got the same problem.

What do you mean when you say “same problem”? What problem?

Problem: I try to import the CSV file but that does not work.

How do you produce your CSV?

On a Mac you have to type the csv extension to get the OK button to activate.
It does say Save File: in the box for the import file. It also has the import file names dim for selection but does work.
I imported 99 items and the gantt bars showed up but the task names did not.
I saved the filed and tried to reopen it and it will not open.
No error message.
I see the .gan file but it won’t open.

The file does open. It is minimized in the lower left corner and hard to see.
But the tasks still do not appear although the bars do with the wrong start dates.

@Allen_Spence May I kindly ask you to be a little bit more focused, provide more concrete information and do not spoil other’s discussions?

On a Mac you have to type the csv extension to get the OK button to activate.

This seems to be related to the issue described in your email ? We would really appreciate if this appeared in that topic, not in this one.

I imported 99 items and the gantt bars showed up but the task names did not.

Please start a new topic, show us the screenshot and attach the source .csv file. It is really hard to guess what exactly is going on and how the result looks like.

The file does open. It is minimized in the lower left corner and hard to see.
But the tasks still do not appear although the bars do with the wrong start dates.

Please start a new topic, show us screenshots and explain what start date is in your opinion “right” and what is “wrong”

Closed because it attracts replies which are clearly about different issues, although somewhat related to the original one. If you have your own issue with import and don’t see a good answer in this topic, please start a new one and provide enough details.