Inserting a blank Line ofn the Gantt Chart

How do I insert a blank line on the Gantt Chart? It would make the chart so much easier to read. I notice there was a request in Jun 17. Has it been fixed yet?

Peter

No, it is not fixed. Why do you need the blank lines though? Does it carry any semantics?

Hi Dimitry

The main reason for a blank line for ease of reading. it is the same When you write a paragraph in a document, then it is much easier to read if you have a blank line between the next paragraph. My project s usually have 50 to 100 tasks. When presenting to Stakeholders it is a lot easier to read and for them to understand the plan.

BTW it is a great product. I recommend it to all my clients.

Thanks

Peter
Peter Nightingale

I understand, but you don’t plan to insert blank lines randomly, do you? I believe you’re going to apply some logic which defines if there must be a blank line or not. So what is that logic?

I just want to add blank lines after groups of tasks, so that it is easier to read.

Peter

So do you have any logic in task grouping? Or just like “groups of 10 tasks are separated by blank lines, no matter if they are related to each other or not”?
I am asking because if you do have any logic in task grouping then it may make sense to take this logic into account, rather than just add an option to fill a row on chart with white color.

There is no logic, I group my tasks by major activity and I like to keep those separate. For example if I was running an Agile project then the major activity would be at the Sprint level and would have any number of tasks underneath that that represent the sprint.

The easiest option for me as a user would be to have a tick box on the Task Properties window that when ticked would remove all data from that task even the task name or would set the name to Blank Line.

Peter

Isn’t it a kind of summary task with child activities?

Dmitry

Yes it is, it is a blank line above the summary task - which ideally would be optional.

Peter