MacOS Monterey et puce M1 max

This does not seem to be what I asked for, unless you took the file, split it into two pieces and renamed them.
The file which I asked to send was /Users/christianvanelle/.ganttproject.d/logs/.ganttproject-20220615174650.log

Mille excuses, il y avait un fichier caché à droite : le voici, en espérant que ce soit le bon.

Bien à vous

Christian VANELLE
Architecte DPLG
06-11-98-70-03

ganttproject.log (2.25 KB)

In English, it’s better

Début du message réexpédié :

De: Christian VANELLE <[email protected]>

Objet: Rép. : [GanttProject Support] [GanttProject Desktop Support] MacOS Monterey et puce M1 max

Date: 15 juin 2022 à 21:40:47 UTC+2

À: GanttProject Support <[email protected]>

Sorry, there was a hidden file on the right: here it is, hoping that it is the right one.

Yours faithfully

Christian VANELLE
Architect DPLG
06-11-98-70-03

ganttproject.log (2.25 KB)

This is not the log which I asked for. This log file was produced by the standard GanttProject.app from DMG package. It uses its bundled Java Runtime.

The name of the log file which is produced when you run ganttproject.command is printed at the end of your screenshot, and I copied it as text for you. Please run in your Terminal

cp /Users/christianvanelle/.ganttproject.d/logs/.ganttproject-20220615174650.log ~/Documents/TheLog.txt

and it will copy the log file into TheLog.txt file in your Documents.

Here is the result, is this the right file

TheLog.txt (2.78 KB)

Thanks! I see that it really uses the “native” Java Runtime. So, you say that if you run ganttproject.command, it is still lagging when you scroll the chart with a task?

Hi!
I have this problem too. I’m ready to help debugging.

Hello,
thanks for the will to help. Are you a software engineer? I mean, are you able to run development tools, like IntelliJ IDEA?

No, I’m a curious architect in love with GP
We remain confident, you have found the solution to absorb 4K, it is not 5K that will resist you!

The question was addressed to @Timofei_Korostelev :slight_smile:

So, here is GanttProject 3.3 Beta packaged for Apple Silicon computers using the latest long-term support Java 17.0.5:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C2IewskPtYExcjZcm2FTbOWxX2j_1ELi?usp=share_link

I kindly ask everyone in this thread who is having issues on M1 to download and try this package.

Hello Dmitry,

Congratulations and THANK YOU for this MAC M1 Apple Silicon update. CP is now running smoothly on my Macbook pro

Like any beta, there are still some hidden settings to find.
I have attached an error detail for your information:

Users/christianvanelle/ganttproject.log

GanttProject 3.3.3290
Settings file:
size:6608
is readable: true
java.class.path: /Applications/GanttProject.app/Contents/app:/Applications/GanttProject.app/Contents/app/eclipsito.jar:/Applications/GanttProject.app/Contents/app/lib/slf4j-api-2.0.3.jar:/Applications/GanttProject.app/Contents/app/lib/slf4j-jdk14-2.0.3.jar
java.home: /Applications/GanttProject.app/Contents/runtime/Contents/Home
java.ext.dirs: null
java.io.tmpdir: /var/folders/yk/1dw0pys16pjbd3z3m3kyh02m0000gn/T/
java.runtime.version: 17.0.5+8-LTS
java.vendor: BellSoft
java.vm.name: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
java.vm.vendor: BellSoft
java.vm.version: 17.0.5+8-LTS
os.arch: aarch64
os.name: Mac OS X
os.version: 12.4
sun.java.command: com.bardsoftware.eclipsito.Launch --verbosity 4 --version-dirs plugins:~/.ganttproject.d/updates --app net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GanttProject
user.country: FR
user.dir: /Applications/GanttProject.app/Contents/app
user.home: /Users/christianvanelle
user.language: fr
user.timezone: Europe/Paris

[2022-11-15 18:45:15] [AVER][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] File=/Users/christianvanelle/Desktop/logo 3.png does not exist or is not readable
[2022-11-15 18:45:16] [AVER][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] File=/Users/christianvanelle/Desktop/logo 3.png does not exist or is not readable
[2022-11-15 18:45:16] [INFO][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] Starting RSS check…
[2022-11-15 18:45:16] [INFO][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] Deleting old auto-save files
[2022-11-15 18:45:17] [INFO][org.jooq.Constants]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @@ @@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@ @@@@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@ @@@@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @ @ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@ @@ @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Thank you for using jOOQ 3.17.4

[2022-11-15 18:45:17] [INFO][org.jooq.Constants]

jOOQ tip of the day: Want to learn more about SQL? Check out our many blog posts: https://blog.jooq.org/sql

[2022-11-15 18:45:17] [INFO][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] RSS check finished
[2022-11-15 18:45:17] [INFO][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] [GanttOptions] save(): finished!!
[2022-11-15 18:45:39] [AVER][net.sourceforge.ganttproject] Index 14 out of bounds for length 13
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 14 out of bounds for length 13
at java.base/sun.util.calendar.BaseCalendar.getCalendarDateFromFixedDate(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.GregorianCalendar.computeFields(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.GregorianCalendar.computeFields(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.Calendar.complete(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.Calendar.get(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.subFormat(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.text.DateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at biz.ganttproject.core.time.GanttCalendar.toString(GanttCalendar.java:95)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.GanttCalendarStringConverter.toString(TreeTableCells.kt:375)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.GanttCalendarStringConverter.toString(TreeTableCells.kt:371)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.TreeTableCellsKt$adapt$1.invoke(TreeTableCells.kt:70)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.TreeTableCellsKt$adapt$1.invoke(TreeTableCells.kt:70)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.TextCell.getItemText(TreeTableCells.kt:321)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.TextCell.doUpdateFilledItem(TreeTableCells.kt:315)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.TextCell.doUpdateItem(TreeTableCells.kt:305)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.TextCell.updateItem(TreeTableCells.kt:297)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TreeTableCell.updateItem(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TreeTableCell.indexChanged(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.IndexedCell.updateIndex(Unknown Source)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.treetable.TableRowSkinBase.requestCellUpdate(TableRowSkinBase.java:709)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.treetable.TableRowSkinBase.lambda$new$0(TableRowSkinBase.java:176)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleInvalidation.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.Cell.setItem(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.Cell.updateItem(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TreeTableRow.updateItem(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TreeTableRow.indexChanged(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.IndexedCell.updateIndex(Unknown Source)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.treetable.VirtualFlow.setCellIndex(VirtualFlow.java:1810)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.treetable.VirtualFlow.getCell(VirtualFlow.java:1794)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.GPTreeTableViewSkin.updateScrollValue$ganttproject(TreeTable.kt:214)
at biz.ganttproject.lib.fx.GPTreeTableViewSkin$1.invoke$lambda$0(TreeTable.kt:222)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)

Kind regards

Christian VANELLE
Architect DPLG
06-11-98-70-03

Good evening Dmitry,

The new “print” function is a nice evolution that will be very practical.

Currently on Mac M1, the print format sent by GP is not recognized by the printers. We ask for an A3 output, we get an A4

The ZIP format of the exported files is not recognised at all, so it is impossible to open them. Why ZIP and not PDF?

I’m still looking into it

Kind regards

Christian VANELLE
Architect DPLG
06-11-98-70-03

nit: Printing was changed in 3.2. it is not new in 3.3

Will we soon have the solution on Macbook M1 as a result?

Pardon? What do you mean?

I mean you must have been facing since version 3.2 problems with printing and exporting files with Mac M1s and probably you are about to find the solution

Kind regards

Sincerely

Christian VANELLE
Architect DPLG
06-11-98-70-03

This is the first time when such issue (page format different from the chosen) is reported. I don’t think it is related to M1. Anyway, printing is too fragile thing and I am not going to pay too much attention to corner cases. Gantt chart can be exported to either a single image or to a collection of images and printed using your favorite printing tools which are known to work on your platform.

You’re right, we can always go through “export” and output GP in the desired format
“Print” was just a bit more practical … we will survive anyway

More seriously: in a schedule there are critical tasks and others that are not critical and therefore have a MARGIN that the software calculates
In real life, this information is very important
Would it be possible to have this information in “Gantt chart properties”, “details” as well as the duration, the name of the task …

Kind regards

Please consider using other topics for discussing questions not related to M1 issues. In particular, this one is addressed in this bug tracker issue: A column indicating task float · Issue #1906 · bardsoftware/ganttproject · GitHub