Move an entire block in gantt

Hello, I’m looking for a way to move an entire block of tasks in the gantt view. I have a project with 5 indented headings, each with a number of indented tasks. I want to move the whole thing two months, without adjusting the dates on each task. Is this possible?

Regards and thanks, Clars

If you need to move the whole project then go to Project.Properties.Calendar.Move project

See also

OK thanks, but what if I only want to move part of the project?

Select all the tasks which you want to move and drag them on the diagram.

If you want to move a top-level task with the whole subtree underneath, just drag that task.

This does not work for me - nothing drags.

If it doesn’t work then probably ti means that your tasks can’t be moved because of other reasons (e.g. dependency constraints)

DmitryBarashev, you are giving erroneous information. If you want to drag only one task along the timeline, you press CTRL+ drag when mousing over the middle of the task. You can tell it’s about to work because the hand closes as if it’s grabbing the task. I would strongly suggest you test what you are saying before you submit a response, in order to minimize disinformation.

Dear Sam,
I would strongly suggest to check Dmitry’s advice w.r.t. the date and version of GanttProject.
I would strongly suggest to leave strongly tone and strongly severe sentences for such a strongly low-impact change. (irony)
Join us in a community and share your tricks in a fun and positive way! :smiley:

1 Like