Remove Embedded Roles

Hello

When I go to assign a role, I see roles that I did not add. They include: developer, doc writer, tester, graphic designer, doc translator, packager (.rpm, .tgz, …)

These don’t show up in the list Project->Properties->Resource Roles.

Is there a way that I can remove them?

Thank you!

You can choose a set of predefined roles when you create a new project, on the third page of the wizard.

Thanks!

Is there a way to create a new set of predefined roles or edit the default?

This is doable yet not trivial and needs to be done on each computer where you use GanttProject. If you really need it, let me know, but maybe a “template” project with your own roles will do the trick.

I’ll be fine with the way it is now. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing.
Thanks for letting me know.

I’m finding that importing into a blank project (one created when just opening the program) causes a whole host of unnecessary roles being created. If I create a new project using the File/New function, this creates an unnecessary “project manager” role, which is not properly cased and conflicts with the proper case “Project Manager” roles that I am trying to import. Being able to edit or delete the default roles would be a great option. I can maybe see a reason for default roles when creating a new project but once it’s created and we define our own roles, being able to delete the default ones should be an option.

Also with respect to roles, I cannot figure out how to import multiple resources that have the same role as another resource without creating duplicate roles with the same name.