Resource gestion

hi! i don’t understand how the part of resourse gestion/accountability works: what are “unit” or “activity cost”? how do they work?

Also i don’t understand why sometimes the dates don’t change when I put rigid dependencies

thanks for your help

Units indicate the percentage of a work resource’s time that is assigned to a task.
I am not sure what exactly do you mean as “activity cost”.
With respect to dates, you may want to read some docs:

https://docs.ganttproject.biz/user/scheduler/index.html

Thanks for your answer.

I try to explain my doubt: is the percentage calculated on the effort of the task or time work?
for exaple: if i put 50% on 10-day activities, it means 5 days of work or 4 hours?

With respect to dates, i have read the “guide” but it doesn’t say why the dates don’t change with rigid constraints. maybe it’s error/not good setting.

GanttProject measures durations in days. it is up to you to decide how many working hours are in a single day. Resource with 50% load on some task spends 50% of their time on that task.

The concrete decision of the scheduler depends on your specific project, we can’t make guesses. Share your project if you need help.

i try to make a real example: person A has 3 activities: plan (2 days), do (5 days), check (1 day).
Total days: 8 day = 64 hours

if A does the activities alone, in ganttproject i put 100% in each activities.

if there was another person (B), who does 1 hour of each activities (3h total), i put:

• for person A: 98%
  • for person B: 2%

Is it right?

For the record, 3h is 4.68% of 64hours.

But anyway, the unit is the percentage of resource’s time, not task’s time. If your person B works 1 hour per day then he/she is 100% busy in your example.