Running GanttProject on 32-bit Windows system

Hello,
I am trying out Gantproject. It is not starting.

I tried the batch file. At first I got the message that the java.exe does not match my system.

I downloaded the 32 Java Runtime from liberica and adjusted the JAVA_HOME environment variable in the batch file. The error message is gone. But nothing happens, ie. the program starts but there is no new window, as I would expect.

The command line is

“D:\Programme\GanttProject-3.1\runtime\bin\java.exe” -classpath “;.\eclipsito.jar;.” -Xmx512m -ea -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false com.bardsoftware.eclipsito.Launch --verbosity 1 --version-dirs plugins;~/.ganttproject.d/updates --app net.sourceforge.ganttproject.GanttProject -log true

Where can I find the log file? C:\Users%USERNAME% ?? There ist not ganttproject.log

Regards
Rüdiger

GanttProject-3.1\runtime\bin\java.exe

You’re running the bundled Java which is 64-bit. Please install a 32-bit full JRE, and set JAVA_HOME environment variable in the very beginning of ganttproject.bat. An example is shown below, provided that Java 11 is installed in C:\Program Files\Java11:

SET GP_HOME=.
SET "JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java11"
SET "JAVA_COMMAND=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe"
IF "%JAVA_HOME%"=="" SET JAVA_COMMAND=java

I already tested with the 32-bit JRE.
But GanttProject does not start.
How can I provide you some more information?

Rüdiger

Okay, with 32 bit JRE full, it is working. Thank you for the hint.

Rüdiger

Awesome. I actually don’t test GanttProject on 32 bit systems, just because there is no working 32 bit computer at hand. Surprised to know that Java vendors still produce 32 bit packages and GP is still operational in such environments.