Search Field: chosen Task not focused

Searching a task by string, the chosen task won’t be focused. In a huge amount of tasks and it’s very hard it to find it by scrolling up and down.

Best Regards

What version of GanttProject are you using?

Sorry. The latest: 3.2.3244

Can you please record a screencast showing the issue?

What format and size is possible to upload ?
mp4 is not allowed.

Additional info: Sometimes it works, sometime not. It depends e.g. on which task has been marked before the search, but also where the searched task is located. the Project contains tasks over some years.

Behavior is diffuse. I updated one task that couldn’t be found before. Then it worked. Another one this method not worked. Sometime must be scrolled down only to lines to find it after the search, After trying different positions in the file the focus is ok.
Exporting and importing has no change of behavior.

So, is there any reliable way of reproducing this issue?

Yes, but only with my data.
Do you have a method for me to anonymize the project?

Maybe not allowed characters? I converted the CSV exported file to ANSI and back to UTF8 and will watch the behavior. At the moment I can search.

I am not aware of any fast way to redact project data. If you want to share the project privately, you can send it to [email protected]

Thanks. If the problem occurs again, I will contact you. You can close the ticket.

Workaround if somebody has the same problem. Seems to happen if the task is member of a task group with a lot of entries.

First search attempt will open the task group. Then mark any task on the left side and search again. That works.

For me workaround is ok