Task binding is for all-tasks, instead of per-task?

It appears that when I change the “duration is calculated” or “end date is calculated” (etc), in a specific task, that this setting changes for all tasks. This seems like a bug… Is there something I’m doing wrong?

This setting affects user interface controls only. It is not bound to any specific task or all tasks, it is purely UI. That’s why there are words “in this dialog”.

Ahh, I think I get it. Functionally, I think this means that the Task Properties dialogue functions as a sort of temporary calculator. Once the appropriate date (or duration) is calculated based on the user selection within the dialogue, the figures are entered in that task.

After that, from what I can tell, in the task-list-view, the “start date” is “anchored” (my attempt at terming the behavior – hope it gets at the idea)

1. If a user changes the Duration or the End-Date in the task-list-view, then the other figure (End-Date, or Duration, respectively), adjusts to suit, while the Start Date remains unchanged.
  2. If a user changes the Start-date, then the Duration is held constant, and a new End-Date is calculated

This correct?

Yes, that’s correct.