Task group identification

I use GanttProject to plan mechanical equipment manufacturing tasks, identifying each piece of equipment with the manufacturing start date, followed by the city where the equipment will be installed (for example, 191112 - Buenos Aires). If I have to manufacture a piece of equipment exactly the same as one already manufactured, I copy and paste the task plan, and identify it with the new date and the name of the city (for example, 211018 - Córdoba) (see image).

My query is: can I put a variable like “task group identification”, so as not to have to replace that number in the identification of each of the tasks? Or do I have to edit each task and replace “Copy_191112” with the new date “211018”?

Well… That is what I do. Yes.

I believe that the feature that you really need is search and (bulk)replace in task names. I submitted a new enhancement request to the tracker:

As a quick workaround, you may change the pattern for the copies: Edit > Settings > Gantt chart > Name pattern for task copies. By default it looks like {0}_{1} where {0} and {1} are the placeholders for “copy” word and a task name. If you change it to just {1} you will remove the prefix. It takes a few mouse clicks, but it pays off if you have many tasks.