Tasks not displayed when exported to PDF in macOS Mojave

solve the problem
thanks buddy

Hi Dlmitry,

I am struggling with the same problem on my Mac. Just upgraded to GP 31.3102 in order to benefit from this embedded Droid Sans Fallback Full H font. I installed the font in the Font Book of my Mac after downloading it from the net.
I have changed the GP settings to this font as application and chart font. Then I tried exporting my project to .pdf and chose this font as a substitute for ARIAL.
Same result: empty task list with only the bullets.

Do you have any other suggestion?

rgds

Hello Dimitry - Iā€™m having the same problem on Mac OS Catalina. I read this entire thread and tried both font substitutions - Tahoma, and Droid Sans Fullback Full H. But the task list is still blank when I export to PDF. I did notice in the settings that there is a PDF theme setting on ā€œSortavalaā€ which is unchangeable. Could that be the problem? If not, do you have any other suggestions? I really like everything else about this software and would like to use it. Thanks.

tried both font substitutions

What exactly do you mean by ā€œfont substitutionsā€? It has a special meaning in the context of PDF export, thatā€™s why I am asking.

What Iā€™m referring to are the recommendations that you made earlier in this thread, and that others have tried. Can you offer any additional suggestions to make the task list show up?

This is really very frustrating, and others have had this problem. The thread above goes on and on, and you never answered my question. Is there no solution? I have put a considerable amount of work into this Gantt chart and donā€™t want to have to find a different software program.

This is what is called in GanttProject PDF export ā€œfont substitutionā€ (just because there are words ā€œfontā€ and ā€œsubstitutionā€ next to each other)

If it was what you meant when you wrote ā€œfont substitutionā€ then it was not supposed to change anything. You need to change the application font, as shown e.g. in this reply

If you really changed the application font to and it did not help then try choosing some other font. I canā€™t say which one, sorry.

You can also export the chart to PNG image. As far as I know, it works fine, and chances are that it may replace that single page of PDF report with the chart image.

Finally, in the upcoming GanttProject 3.2 the code which exports the task table to PDF was rewritten, and hopefully it will work better.

I really did change the application font and tried several different ones. However, the PNG is an acceptable work-around until the new version is released. Thank you!