The GANTT shows an error when opened / limited visibility

Hi all,

I have instaled the GANTT project however when trying to open the document created with Microsoft project it gives me an error (see attached) and does not allow me to see all the dependencies and deadlines properly.

Could someone help me with this issue?
Did someone have this type of problem?

Thank you in advance,
Nevena

I would expect to see a table with the list of import issues instead of {0}. We’ll check what’s wrong with Italian translation there. However, as the message says, the list should have been written to the log. You can examine the log using Help->View log and see if messages are harmless or not.

Dear all,

I attached:

1.   The LOG message shown when opening the document with GANTT Project (GANTTProject_log_error.txt)

2.   English translation of the error message received in Italian – see translation below (GANT – errore.PNG)

3.   For analysis purpose, an example of the file created with Microsoft project and then opened with GANTT Project (Example – MS Project.gan)

GANTT - error Message Translation:
“Caution
The following errors occurred while exporting:
{0}
Errors have been logged in the log file. To report it to GanttProject developers, please attach the MS Project file

View Log”

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Nevena

Example - MS Project.gan (35.9 KB)

Hi,
there is no attached log here and the gan file is not that useful without the original MS Project file.

Hi all,

I have a similar problem like Nevena.
I have instaled the GANTT project however when trying to open the document created with gantt project it gives me an error (see attached) and does not allow me to see all the dependencies and deadlines properly.

Could someone help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance,
Nina

Please share the project file.

Projektplan Z&S.gan (21.1 KB)

There was broken markup. It may happen e.g. after pasting content from MS Word into task notes. I removed the broken part, the result is attached.Projektplan Z&S.gan (21.1 KB)

Thank you very much :slight_smile: