Webdav lock questions

Hi,

I have setup a webdav server (on a Synology NAS). I have no problem accessing GanttProject files using the “Web Server”->“Open from a server” menu entry. But I have that no lock is set on the file, even after selecting the file and clicking on the “lock” icon.
I’ve can see that no lock is set because I’m using cadaver (a WebDav CLI tool). It is reporting that no lock is set.
If I set manually a lock in cadaver, before opening the file with GanttProject, then I get an error about file locking.
So it appears that GanttProject somehow checks the presence of a lock but does not lock the file by itself. Am I correct ?
I would have assumed that GanttProject will lock the file when opening it , or open it read-only if it is already locked

(I’m using GanttProject 2.8.10)

Regards

Ronan

1 Like

Clicking lock icon in “Open from web server” dialog is supposed to send LOCK request.

You can enable debug logs in GanttProject logging config: open file logging.properties in GanttProject install dir and replace INFO with FINEST at line io.milton.httpclient.level.

I also recommend inspecting the server logs to see if server receives LOCK requests and what it sends in the response.

Hi,

I know the topic is old, but I had the same kind of issue last day with an apache2 webdav server.

Looking at the server logs, I saw the files were actually locked but unlocked very very quickly.
So, it is stupid but I just changed the default value of delay in Ganttproject > Project >webserver > open from webserver> server configuration. The default value of delay was [-1]. It was not suitable for my configuration. I put [120 min] and it is ok now.

Best regards and thank you for your work.

Marc

Добрый день, Дмитрий, выше вы пишите, что при открытии проекта с сервера автоматически отсылается команда LOCK, но это не так, блокировка включается только если пользователь принудительно нажал на замок. Таким образом, что бы исключить перезапись всех пользователей нужно учить незабывать нажимать блокировку, если он собирается внести изменения и не вносить изменения если видит что при открытии файл заблокирован. Это реально невозможно, кто - то обязательно забудет вручную заблокировать, и его изменения перезатрет кто - то другой.
Как мы можем решить проблему, что бы программа посылала команду блокировки как вы пишите выше?

Translation for those who do not speak Russian.

Good afternoon, Dmitry, you write above that when you open a project, the LOCK command is automatically sent from the server, but this is not so, the lock is activated only if the user forcibly pressed the lock. Thus, to avoid overwriting all users, you need to learn to remember to press the lock if it is going to make changes and not make changes if it sees that the file is locked when it is opened. It is really impossible, someone will surely forget to manually block, and someone else will overwrite his changes.
How can we solve the problem so that the program sends a blocking command as you write above?

(translation provided by Google Translate)

Dear Igor, please consider writing in English, even if you think that I understand Russian language. This is English-speaking community.

No, I didn’t write it this way. I wrote:

Clicking lock icon in “Open from web server” dialog is supposed to send LOCK request.

By default file is not locked, sorry. Relevant enhancement request n the issue tracker:

Пи́шете (ударение на первый слог, сослагательное наклонение. Что делаете?). Пиши́те (ударение на второй слог, повелительное наклонение. Делайте!)

Спасибо за корректировки