From email: Scheduling down to minutes required

This came by email

I like your tool a lot, but unfortunately I cannot use it. I require scheduling capabilities down to hours (better: minutes).

I assume, that I am not the only one having raised this request. I see, that your time format already permits displaying dates with hours and minutes. But start/end dates and durations do not allow this.

For the duration of tasks, even fractions of days would be sufficient (e.g. 0.5 days).

This problem was discussed here a few times. Please see discussions:

and ticket in the issue tracker: https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/issues/225

Hi to all,
I’ve solved this issue using the percentage of use of the resource.
i.e. considering normal working day about 8 hours, one hour is 15%; 15min are considered 0.5%.
You can add info on the activities by new fields ( I’m managed this for internal and customer due date that should be diferent from the end of the activity).
Regards

MC

Hi,

I’m looking how to enter the effort for a task. This differs from the duration, depending when people can work on it.

Greetings Jürgen

Effort-driven scheduling is not yet supported, sorry.

Please consider starting new topic rather than adding comments to existing topics, unless the existing one is relevant. When you comment on existing topic, all those who previously participated in the discussion get notifications by email, and probably they are not happy to see irrelevant comments (this particular topic is about time granularity).

Any News on this Topic, it’s more than a year ago, that’s long time in IT

thank you

cheers
Jens