Modifications to Gantt Project

Hi there,

I’d like to use Gantt Project to make timing charts like I do with other scheduling software. A timing chart is made up of various tasks which need to be entered in as seconds, or even sub seconds. I use timing charts to calculate the cycle time of machinery. The timing would also need to be continuous e.g no weekend breaks, start from 0s, and sometimes be as long as 40 seconds. I also use gantt for normal project / department resource scheduling, so ideally all the settings to change between a timing chart to a normal chart would live within the gantt file, or in the case of other software I use there is a drop down box to be able to change the setting quickly. (Rather then having to change the system settings each time for each gantt I open). If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

GanttProject does not support task durations less than 1 day, sorry.

Thanks for the response. Would this be something that could be changed by modifying the source code?

It is a complex task which requires a few weeks of work of a highly qualified software engineer.

See this discussion:

And what about the other question around having it setup with continuous days from say 0 - 40?

You can configure the project calendar and make all weekend days working. Project > Properties > Calendar